Information about employment within Te Awakairangi Health Network and current vacancies
A range of opportunities exists in the 20 practices that are part of our Network. These include General Practitioner and Practice Nurse roles in small, medium and large teams. All of these teams employ administration staff including receptionists, accounts staff and managers who provide front line services and keep the businesses running smoothly.
TeAHN directly employs a team of around 50 staff including people who provide services directly to patients, support practices with training and offer programme support to practice teams.
Vacancies in the TeAHN and practice teams are advertised on this site, so please check out our list of current opportunities if you are interested.
Social Worker – Te Awakairangi Health Network
- An exciting opportunity to improve access to health and social services of Hutt Valley residents
- Primary care based
- Hutt Valley based
- Join a dynamic, innovative and supportive team
- Full time position
Te Awakairangi Health Network is a dynamic and innovative organisation that plans, funds and provides a wide range of primary health care services to people living in the Hutt Valley.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Social Worker to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that empowers individuals and their whānau to overcome barriers to accessing health care.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in community health, with a relevant health or social service qualification (or working towards one)
- Understanding of Māori and/or Pacific cultures; fluency in Te Reo or a Pacific language(s) an advantage
- Good relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated results in client advocacy
- Good working knowledge of government agencies such as Work and Income and MSD Housing
- Passionate about improving client health and wellbeing
- Well organised with good time management skills
- A positive can do attitude and the ability to motivate others
- An interest in people, a sense of humour and an ability to work as part of a dynamic and supportive team
- Competent in Microsoft software packages (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point)
- In depth understanding of the primary health care environment
- Current First Aid certificate
- Full current driver’s license
- Experience with MedTech32 is desirable
If you are seeking a flexible working environment within a supportive team, this opportunity may appeal.
Further information, including a Job Description and an Application for Employment form, is available from firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 04 570 3035.
Applications close 5.00pm, Monday 30 April 2018. Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position.