Our team of dietitians and exercise specialists helps people achieve positive health by providing advice, ongoing support, and encouragement around nutrition, physical activity, and other healthy lifestyle changes.
Types of support
Examples of the support we provide are listed below.
- Individualised exercise programmes.
- Assessment and advice on suitable food choices for individuals – taking into account medical conditions, food preferences and personal circumstances.
- One-on-one walks, swims, gym visits etc. with patients new to exercise.
- Weekly free group exercise sessions.
- Discounted gym and swimming pool memberships.
- Regular goal setting and reviews.
- Medication education – for different medical conditions and their management.
Who is the programme for?
Our referral criteria is for Maori, Pacific and people registered as Quintile 5.
Where are appointments held?
Individual or whānau appointments are available at our office, in some medical practices or in people’s homes.
All General Practice staff that belong to Te Awakairangi Health Network can refer to the service by fax, post or MedTech outbox (HFCREF) or by contacting the team at Te Awakairangi Health Network.
Referrals are also accepted from secondary care, other health practitioners, and community workers.
People and whanau may also refer themselves.
For more info contact the Health Promotion Manager
Phone: 04 566 5320
Email: [email protected]