Information about employment within Te Awakairangi Health Network and current vacancies
A range of opportunities exists in the 20 practices that are part of our Network. These include General Practitioner and Practice Nurse roles in small, medium and large teams. All of these teams employ administration staff including receptionists, accounts staff and managers who provide frontline services and keep the businesses running smoothly.
TeAHN directly employs a team of around 50 staff including people who provide services directly to patients and support general practices within our network.
General Manager Services
- Exciting opportunity based in primary care
- Focus on integration, teamwork, innovation
- Lower Hutt based
We are seeking a General Manager Services to lead the service teams of Te Awakairangi Health Network, enabling the teams to deliver effective and equitable health services, while working collaboratively with other organisations to develop an integrated network of clinically and culturally competent, person-centred health services for the Hutt Valley population.
The General Manager Services will lead the evolution of the service teams (outreach nursing, community health work, and wellbeing teams) as they integrate more closely into the general practice teams of the Hutt Valley, in alignment with the Hutt 2020 – A Vision for Change direction and the Health Care Home programme.
We are looking for an exceptional individual with the following skills and attributes:
- A strategic thinker, with a strong track record in innovation and integration
- Understanding of the primary health care environment and general practice
- Familiarity with working in a community setting and community service delivery
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing teams or services
- Demonstrated experience in leading and facilitating change
- Proven relationship management skills, with the ability to positively influence others
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good business acumen
- Shows an awareness of, and commitment to, reducing inequities
- Understanding of kaupapa Maori approaches
- Knowledge of the Hutt Valley and its high need communities
- Competent in Microsoft software packages (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook)
- Experience as a clinician in a relevant health professional discipline is desirable
Further information, including a job description and an Application for Employment form, is available from [email protected] or contact to Tania Robertson 04 570 3035 or Jenny Lawson <href=”tel:045703031″>04 570 3031 .
Applications close noon on Tuesday 17 September 2019. Only applicants with New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.
Mental Health Professional(s)
- Primary mental health role for a qualified health professional/therapist
- Hutt Valley based
- 1.0 FTE position
- Fixed Term to 31 June 2021
Our primary mental health team is looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated mental health professionals to provide brief therapy for adults and young people with mild to moderate mental illness or addictions. If you have post-graduate training in CBT we are particularly keen to hear from you. Experience within a mental health team, confidence with kaupapa Māori tools and knowledge of primary health care will be an advantage.
You will bring excellent skills in assessment and brief therapy and be able to work with a diverse client group. You’ll build strong relationships and collaborate across the health and social service sector. A flexible, friendly and professional “can-do” attitude will be key to working effectively with clients, colleagues and our community.
We offer a competitive salary, varied clinical work and a friendly, supportive workplace.
The successful applicants will be registered health practitioners with current practicing certificate. Only applicants with New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.
Further information, including a job description and an application for employment form, is available from [email protected] or phone (04) 566 5320.
Change Facilitator – Innovation Projects
- Exciting project role based in primary care
- Focus on change management, teamwork, and innovation
- Lower Hutt based
- Fixed term to June 2021
We are seeking an experienced Change Facilitator that has the ability to work across programmes; while aligning and delivering consistent services to the Hutt Valley General Practices. While being flexible is key, understanding and applying robust change and project-management principles will be critical to being a high performer in this role.
As a member of the Health Care Home team you will work to ensure that practices are maturing towards implementing the full Health Care Home model of care, and support them to plan, develop and embed the changes needed to successfully implement their Long Term Conditions plans.
This will require:
- Partnering with and empowering practices on their journey of change
- Applying project management techniques to plan, document, monitor and report programme implementation
- Applying change management principles to effectively transition practices to the HCH model
- Priortising equity in all work
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic team player with the following skills and attributes:
- Have a reasonable understanding of long care conditions management in Primary Care
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from clinical, managerial, community and governance backgrounds
- Experience in leading and managing change projects
- Be a confident and articulate communicator with ability to build positive, resilient relationships and to interact with people across all levels across organisations
- Proven facilitation skills, knowledge of small group dynamics and the ability to motivate others
- Some financial experience and/or the ability to work with numbers in regards to the development of Practice Plans and budgets
- An ability to see and articulate a big picture view to capture hearts and minds while also working closely with individuals delivering front line services to assist them to improve patient outcomes
- A positive can do attitude and an ability to work as part of a team
- An understanding of principles around health equity and the capacity to translate this into action
- Commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi – partnership, protection and participation – and comfortable working with Māori organisations and communities
Further information, including a job description and an Application for Employment form, is available from [email protected] or phone 04 570 3035. Applications close 12.00pm Thursday 19 September 2019.
Only applicants with New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.
Do you have a vacancy to fill?
Associated wanted – Kopata Medical Centre
Central Hutt Valley: Long term associate 6 – 8 months but very flexible, to join supportive team in established three doctor practice. Happy to provide support towards fellowship, good renumeration. Flexible start date asap. Please email [email protected] Attention: Sonita Louw. Click here for more information.
Looking for a locum?
BeeFound is the new online locum recruitment tool available now in the Greater Wellington region!
How BeeFound works:
- Practice teams can make unlimited Locum bookings.
- GP and Nurse Locums can update their availability in the BeeFound online database. Practices can search the database based on a specific need – from just one session on a particular day or multiple sessions across days, weeks or even months.
- Once requirements are submitted, BeeFound searches the database to find locums who best-match the request
- You book the locum online, there and then.
BeeFound was a finalist in this year’s NZHIT Innovation Awards in the NZ Health IT Solution category.
More about BeeFound visit www.beefound.co.nz