POAC is a patient focused service that supports primary health care teams to manage patient care in the community in order to prevent acute hospital attendance or admission. POAC provides limited funding support to practices so that patients are able to access additional services at no cost (services may include IV therapy, GP review, nurse consultations intended for specific POAC conditions only).
Patients are eligible for the POAC service if they:
- are eligible for publicly funded health services
- are enrolled in a General Practice in the Hutt Valley
- are aged 16 years and over
- can be safely managed in the community
- are diagnosed with a condition* approved under POAC (*acute urinary retention, confirmed distal DVT, cellulitis requiring IV antibiotics, renal colic, asthma, dehydration, headache/migraine).
All TeAHN practices may utilise POAC. Referrals for specialised management (e.g. IV therapy), can also be made from one practice to another.
Clinical Programme Facilitator
Tel. No.: 04 5665320