Our Wellbeing service is a free, confidential, primary care mental health service for people 12 years and over with mild to moderate mental health and addiction problems.
What we offer
Depending on need, our services may include:
- assessment of needs
- brief counselling or other talk therapies
- information about other counselling and support services – if we can’t help, we may know who can
- resources and information about different mental health conditions and managing symptoms, and about recovery, resilience and wellbeing
- phone support and encouragement
- referrals to our services.
Who can use the Wellbeing service?
Anybody enrolled with Te Awakairangi Health Network and Ropata practices (if the capacity allows) with priority to people who:
- are Māori or Pacific
- live in a low income (Q5) area
- are aged 12-19
What problems can we help with?
We help people struggling with a variety of mental health concerns including:
- depression and anxiety
- feeling overwhelmed by stress or hopeless about the future
- stress management
- panic attacks
- problems with drug and alcohol use
- problems adjusting to change or loss.
Need someone to talk to without feeling judged? The Wellbeing team may be able to help.
Our team of Mental Health Professionals and Counsellors offer a range of skills and experience in assessment and talking therapies.
General Practice doctors or nurses and other agencies can make a referral. People can also self-refer by phoning us on 04 566 5320.
We are based in Lower Hutt and also offer part-time clinics in Upper Hutt, Stokes Valley and Wainuiomata. Home visits can be arranged when it is very difficult to get to appointments.
|Clinic||Address||Phone Number||Opening Hours|
|Te Awakairangi Health Network||Level 4, 330 High Street, Lower Hutt||04 566 5320|
|Whai Oranga O Te Iwi health Centre||7 The Strand, Wainuiomata||04 564 6966||Monday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
|Queen Street Medical Centre||37-39 Queen Street, Upper Hutt||045283048||Monday 8:00am – 6:30pm
Tuesday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 8.30am – 7:30pm
Thursday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
|Koranunui Clinic, Tui Glen School,||126 Stokes Valley Road (gate by the school office), Stokes Valley||04-939 6661|
Information on the counselling and support services in the Hutt Valley and Wellington are provided in this directory, as well as links to web resources.