- Flexible working environment work either full or part time.
- Rewarding work within primary mental health RN/SW/OT/DAAPNZ.
- Career development and training provide with competitive salary!
Join a supportive team where we will coach and support you to make sound clinical decisions, listen to your views, and provide you with a variety of training and development opportunities.
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Te Awakairangi Health Network (TeAHN) is a dynamic primary health organisation delivering a wide range of primary healthcare services in the Hutt Valley. A key focus is reducing barriers to health care for high needs groups including Youth, Māori, Pacific and people who have low incomes. We are committed to high quality integrated healthcare.
Mō te tūnga | The Role
As a Mental Health Professional, you will work within our Wellbeing team where we provide support for adults and young people with mild to moderate mental illness and/or addictions onsite at a variety of locations within the Hutt Valley, including GP practices and Marae.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our existing team of nurse therapists, clinical psychologists, AOD clinicians and social workers. Due to the dynamic nature of primary mental health, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Your work will be via referrals received from GP’s or self-referral and work focuses on the individual’s mental health needs and providing them with the tools and ability to be successful. Primarily we provide our services to a variety of people from age 12 upwards.
Your experience within a mental health and/or addictions team, confidence with kaupapa Māori tools, a knowledge of protocols amongst Pacific peoples with the ability to work across various Pacific groups and a knowledge of primary health care will be an advantage within this position.
Mōu | About you
Please include in your application your motivation for applying and how your skills and experience would be a good fit for this role.
- A registered Mental Health Professional (In accordance with the HPCA Act) with a current practicing certificate, or you will be a Counsellor with Drug and Alcohol Practitioners’ Association Aotearoa (DAAPNZ) registration.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience working with cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and/or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) or similar. (If you are in the final stage of completing your area of therapy study, we would consider your application).
- Have excellent skills in Mental Health Assessment and Brief Therapy.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work with a diverse client group.
- Be confident to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate across the health and social service sector.
- Have a flexible, friendly, and professional “can-do” attitude which will be key to working effectively with clients, colleagues, and our community.
- Have New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.
What we can offer you a competitive salary, the option of flexible working arrangements and varied clinical work in a supportive workplace.
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com with your CV and covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and how you met the requirements of the role.
We encourage you to submit your application now as we are screening applications as we receive them.
The advert will remain open until a suitable person is found.