- Are you looking for your next exciting career move?
- Options to work full or part time
- Rewarding work, within a supportive team of professionals
- 5 weeks annual leave
- A workplace that values and supports your wellbeing
Join a supportive team where you will work with clients from the Hutt Valley community from the age of 12 and up. You will have the opportunity to work one to one with clients as well as facilitating groups and workshops.
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Te Awakairangi Health Network is a primary care network that provides quality primary care services across the Hutt Valley. We work with the general practices and a wide range of healthcare providers and community organisations to reduce barriers to health care for high needs groups including Youth, Māori, Pacific and people who have low incomes.
Our vision is “Everyone in the Hutt Valley is Healthy and Well”.
Mō te tūnga | The Role
If your looking for a new challenge, we have a great opportunity as a Mental Health Professional within our supportive, and close-knit Wellbeing team. You will find the work extremely rewarding because you’ll make a real difference in the lives of people using our service. Our friendly and cohesive team are ready to support you as needed, offer a listening ear and we have a wealth of knowledge within the team so there’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
As a Mental Health Professional, you will provide brief intervention counselling support for adults and young people with mild to moderate mental illness and/or addictions. Your work will be via referrals received from GP’s or self-referral and work focuses on the individual’s mental health needs and providing them with the tools and ability to be successful. Primarily we provide our services to a variety of people from age 12 upwards.
You will be located onsite at a variety of locations within the Hutt Valley and may include GP practices and Marae. This allows you to get out and about within the community and the opportunity to interact with our broader networks and supports.
Mōu | About you
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a registered Mental Health Professional, Registered Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor (In accordance with the HPCA Act).
- Have a current practicing certificate, or you will be a Counsellor with Drug and Alcohol Practitioners’ Association Aotearoa (DAAPNZ) registration, or an NZAC member with accreditation to work under Te Whatu Ora contracts.
- Have experience and qualifications in providing recognised therapy such as: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectal Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) or similar. (If you are in the final stage of completing your area of therapy study, we would consider your application).
- Be an enthusiastic and self-motivated person who can work easily alongside our existing team of nurse therapists, clinical psychologists, AOD clinicians and social workers.
- Can work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is essential.
- Experience working within a mental health and/or addiction.
- Confident with kaupapa Māori tools, knowledge of protocols amongst Pacific peoples or can show us how you are proactively building your knowledge and ability in this area.
- Demonstrate your ability to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate across the health and social service sector.
To view the Job Description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Te Awakairangi Health Network is committed to meeting its obligations under Te Tiriti o Waitangi and will work towards achieving equitable health outcomes for Māori in the Hutt Valley. We will do this by ensuring services are provided, developed and implemented in accordance with the Articles of Te Tiriti and the principles – Tino Rangatiratanga, Equity, Active Protection, Partnership and Options.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We would love to hear from you if you’re looking for the next step in your career. Please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Please note: we may review applications before the closing date and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are able. We reserve the right to withdraw the job advertisement at any time before our closing date.
Closing date: The advert will remain open until we fill the vacancy.
If you would like further information or a copy of the job description emailed directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Te Awakairangi Health Network is considered a health provider, therefore it is our expectation that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive work environment where our people will be supported to be successful, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion, or background.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.